Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why the Horizons Project Has Taken So Long To Complete

I'm sure as you look at the dates of the postings for the Horizons Project you've probably wondered “Why is it taking him so long to finish this?”.

Let me explain.

I originally intended the Horizons project to only take six months. But life has a funny way of changing one's plans. Shortly after starting the project my life got real busy real fast: I got engaged, then married (honeymoon in WDW, of course), bought a house, changed jobs, has surgery on my left hand, and finally had a kid. Whew! See what I mean?

Did I mention I also had to translate the model from 3D Studio Max to XSI, learn XSI and then correct some modeling issues?

So you can see I have been busy, just not on the project as much as I would have liked. Although it looks like things are changing. I have been able to work on the model the last few weeks here and there. And while most of it was finishing up corrections to the model, I did begin to add new parts to the model.

So if things continue to go smoothly and calm down a bit in my "offline" life you should see some new updates to the project soon. :)

1 Comments:

At Mon Apr 17, 07:45:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look at it this way; the more time you put into your project the better it will be. I benefit from the great work produced by you and others. One of my favorite Disney attraction CGI projects is Steve Wesson's Adventure Thru Inner Space project. I loved that ride, and I followed Steve's progress from a few days after he opened his website, all the way through to the finished project.

I traded a few e-mails with Steve over the course of his dream to bring back such a great attraction, and the guy's passion and drive was always evident. He was fortunate enough to dedicate the time needed for his creation, and now we are able to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Such is the case here. However I get the feeling your project is quite a bit more ambitious than Steve's. Your subject was considerably more detailed and complex than ATIS, which for the most part was a few static set pieces, and a lot of projection.

In any case, I have followed your progress with great interest as well. Having grown up on the west coast my main interest is in Disneyland, but WDW and EPCOT are a close second.

Keep up the great work, and I very much look forward to the final product!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home